Friday, September 16, 2011

Motherhood

This post is from September, and I stumbled up on it today and realized that I never published it. So here it is...


It's been a while since I've been on here. I've spent the last few weeks trying to update this blog because I wanted a place to post thoughts and memories that I can share with Madison when she is older. With her three month birthday right around the corner, I figured I better get this started before she's 18 and headed off to college. With that being said, here's the official relaunch of The Tavs.

Three months ago, on June 21, my life changed in such a dramatic and wonderful way, I became a mom. It's still weird to think about and to say those words. I'm a mom! I still feel like I'm too young to be married with a house, let alone be a mom. There are those weird days when I keep expecting someone to come pick up Madison and take her home to be with them. She can't possibly be mine.

Over the past three months, there have been those few moments where I've wondered how I was going to explain to the cops why I ran a red light or two, because the second the car stops the crying begins. Times when I've had to lay on the couch with pillows over my ears to block out the crying for just a few moments. Frustrations over feedings. And times where I feel completely overwhelmed. However, it is in those precious moments, when she first wakes up and smiles at me or when she thinks its funny when she burps that make all of this completely amazing!

My prayer for her life is that she learns what a blessing it is to have a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior and that she will help change the world for the better. That she will love unconditionally and have an amazing faith in people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment